Our classroom blog is a place for us to share our writing and continue discussions that we have started in class. Writing comments is an important part of that process. Students should be mindful of what they post to the Internet. With that in mind, there are a few guidelines I would like for them to follow.
- Please think about the digital footprint you leave when writing a comment. Never write anything that you don’t want everyone to know. Think before you post~ Use responsible and respectful language. Don’t jeopardize your publishing privilege!
- Always show respect to the authors of posts and comments.
- Remember that blogging is about reading, thinking, and responding.
- Your writing should be reflective~ Include your thoughts and feelings to make your writing more personal and engaging.
- Student work will only be identified by first names. All comments should have first names only.
- Parents who leave comments are asked not to use last names either. (Please post comments as “Jimmy’s mom” or “Megan’s grandfather”, etc.)
- Visitors should NEVER include personal information about themselves or others when leaving a comment. This includes information like your address, last name, school name, school address, phone number, passwords or your personal plans.
- All comments submitted have to be approved by Mrs. Vilas before they are included on the blog. Inappropriate or sloppy writing will not be approved.
- Proofread your comments carefully. Students should have a family member check for spelling mistakes before submitting a comment.
- Always write in full sentences and words – no “text talk” please!
- Have fun blogging with your friends!